Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Ah Ha!

Okay, not the band but the epiphany. I realized yesterday what it is I don't like about my job. It is boring. January is our busiest time of year, so I had to stop teaching and start taking phone calls. I hate it. I could never pin point what it was that I disliked. I now realize that it is the monotony of it all. Granted, you never know what kind of call you are going to get or what mood the person is going to be in. However it is always the same questions, the same bullshit answers, the same complaints, the same excuses, the same ... everything. I remember a friend of mine told me once that it is scientifically proven that some people can work at their jobs for years and years and never quit. She also said that some people can only do the same thing for a year or two before they get bored and unhappy and need to move on. I think I may be that person. The longest I stayed at a job was almost 7 years, and I was miserable most of it. The only thing that kept me there so long was changing locations, which felt like a new job. I loved being able to teach at my current job, but that won't return until well into March or so. The possibility of doing what I really want, is just not there. At least I know what it is that I don't like, maybe I can fix things.

No comments: