Wednesday, March 15, 2006

just put on a happy face ...


Wow! Things are starting to look up for me again. You were right Kim! Anyway, I just want to thank everyone for sending me all that positive energy. People talk about the power of prayer, it must really work.

<-- I don't feel like that photo anymore. I found out that I will be getting a decent income tax check in a month or so, which I can apply to some of my debt. I also just found out today that I will be able to work the night shifts at that job I was telling everyone about. That means if my "real job" allows it, I will work from 8-4:30 there and then 5-10:15 at this other place. I really think/hope I can handle the hours.

The chick on the phone said that the first assignment will run until the end of April or so. That means (if my calculations are correct -- ya'll know math ain't ma' thing) I will bank around 120 hours, at $11.20/hr. So, after taxes I am looking at around $1300 or $1250. Then I will have a few weeks off until the next assignment. I am thinking of continuing to deliver the paper since I will have time where I won't have any extra money coming in.

I am feeling pretty good about the whole shebang. Hopefully I won't go into work tomorrow and have them tell me they refuse to work around my new availability...

Oh!! I have to tell you this embarrassing story! So, I have been noticing that one of my teeth/gum areas have been hurting. If you read my blog you will remember all the drama and dollar signs I had with one of my molars, and THAT was the tooth area that was hurting.

So, I am brushing my teeth the other night and I decide to get a flashlight and start exploring around in my chasm. I mean my mouth, you sick bastards! Anyway, Lo and behold my gums are turning black right around the tooth that I had my crown put on! I freak the fuck out and call my dentist. They agree to see me the next day. So I go in, spread my lips ... My Mouth Lips, you Horn Dogs! ... and the doc peers inside.

He is silent for a minute, and then clears his throat. I prepare myself for the inevitable bad news. "Um Lothian" he says, "all you are seeing is the bottom of your crown, which is METAL. The pain is probably just something stuck under your gum. If you flossed more than once a year you wouldn't have that problem. Your tooth is fine and so is your gum. You dumbass." Okay, maybe I added the dumbass part. But basically the inside of my crown is metal and was showing through making things appear blackened. My gum wasn't dying and about to fall off. And I didn't have mouth cancer. I just had a bad case of dumbassitis.

No comments: