Monday, November 27, 2006

All My Children Introduces a Transgendered character.


http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=243137&affid=100055


Apparently the soap opera, All My Children is way more ahead of the times than most television shows. I think you should read the article, it is quite interesting. I wonder how all those Oprah drones are going to feel about this.

What I especially love about this is that they seem to be taking it very seriously. Way to go daytime drama!

The article states:


"The show wasn't interested in doing something just to be sensational, she (Julie Hanan Carruthers, the show's executive producer) said. GLAAD and some transgenders were brought in as consultants in shaping the character, teaching the producers when it is appropriate to call a character "she" even before surgery, she said.

Damon Romine, a spokesman for GLAAD, said he hasn't seen the show yet but feels people involved were genuinely interested in telling the story with dignity. Emotions are so close to the surface in soap operas, and this story can serve a purpose by showing what transgenders go through, he said."

1 comment:

Timron1999 said...

I may have to start DVRing AMC. I am addicted to Days which is on at the same time, but it has sucked vaginas lately. Plus they are killing off opne of my boyfriends and I am not happy about it. Go AMC!!! Now I can watch the true diva of daytime Susan Lucci....

I heart hagville