Friday, February 02, 2007

Even Bitches can do some good!

Recently, I sent away for a Wildlife Warriors Worldwide bracelet from the Discovery Channel store. Saddened by the untimely death of "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin, I wanted to support his continuing cause and name. The WWW is a fund created by Steve Irwin and his wife Terry as a way to "include and involve other caring people to support the protection of injured, threatened or endangered wildlife – from the individual animal to an entire species."

Please check out the information about the bracelets here.
Please check out the information about the organization here.

I simply wanted 1 bracelet, but they come in packages of 10. Suddenly, I had a bunch of bracelets and nothing to use them for.

Once I started reading the materials, I realized that 100% of the profits and not a portion of the profits went to the Wildlife Warriors Worldwide foundation. This got my brain gears going, and I came up with a plan for the bracelets.

My plan is this: if any of you want one, I would love to give you one. All I ask is for one dollar. I will then take your dollar and match it. For example, my friend Christina bought one from me for $1. I then matched her dollar to make $2. Ideally, I would like to sell all 10 bracelets (I already added $2 to the fund for the one I wear). That would make $20 to donate to the Wildlife Warriors Foundation. I am up to $4 right now. I know that twenty bucks does not seem like much, but ten dollars is all I can afford to match.

I am not trying to scam anyone here. What the hell am I going to do with 10 rubber bracelets? I think it is a good idea, but please don't feel pressure to purchase a bracelet. If you are interested, just let me know. I will keep everyone updated when I reach my goal of $20.

No comments: