Friday, June 08, 2007

No, it's not John from work!

I was standing behind him today while he worked at his computer.
Looking down at him, standing so close, it took all of my willpower to not reach over and lightly brush my fingertips through his soft blond curls.
How soft those upturned wisps would feel in my caress!
Just the lightest touch.
It felt so natural.
To just lose all of my inhibitions, bend down, and gingerly kiss him right behind his ear.
My lips only slightly touching that sensuous lobe with the most loving touch.
It felt so real, so ... acceptable. Like I had done it a million times before.
The touch, the kiss, his body. Taking is warm hand into mine.
A brief flash of knowing, of an almost familiarity to his flesh.
That sense of freedom and possession -- that HIS was a body I could feel. Touch. I was allowed to, had access to.
I am bitterly reminded of that oh so frequently unappreciated sense of entitlement of touch that lovers so often take for granted -- This. is. mine.
My entire body wanted it. Wanted to lose control and act foolishly.
I clenched my hands into fists and jammed them into my pockets, locking them away from their foolishness. Reminding myself that this is not for me. It is for another to enjoy.

But Oh! Those curls.

2 comments:

Timron1999 said...

I told you to quit stalking me!!!

Anonymous said...

You have completely missed your calling! You have all the makings of a romance writer! This is a bodice ripper if I've even read one! Not that I ever read those kinds of books....