Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tag, I'm it! (thanks jen...)

1. Eggnog or hot chocolate.
Hot chocolate! Eggnog is gross, even with the alcohol.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree?
Wrapped, definitely. I used to love gift wrapping so much as a youngin' that my sister would give me my own gifts to wrap (in a taped up box of course) and not tell me that they were for me until Christmas morning when all my gifts from her looked eerily familiar.

3. Colored or white lights on tree/house?
One or the other, but not mixed. I think colors on the house and white on the tree so that all the ornaments stand out better.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Only the really hokey plastic, 1970's mistletoe that we hang at my parents house.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Whenever I damn well please! I once got so lazy that when I finally got around to taking my decorations down, it was pretty much time to put them back up.

6. What is your holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Mom's cheesy potatoes. Hmm ... cheese ...

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child.
Planning out all the Christmas cookies my mom and I would make. We would put on some holiday music and bake to our hearts content. I was such a wonderful bonding time.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

I honestly don't remember. I think it was Deana Davis, but I can't recall. I think I had been suspecting all along.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
One, and it is usually pajamas or slippers or some sort of sleeping uniform.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Badly. I can never get the lights right! I have a lot of old family ornaments as well as some new ones. I really like simplicity and plain old bulbs.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
Love looking at it, don't mind driving or walking in it, HATE having to get up early to shovel it off my car.

12. Can you ice skate?
No, I think I would hurt someone if I tried.


13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

Love. Damn, that is cheesy. Hmm ... cheesy potatoes ... *drool*

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?

Being with family and friends and having everyone happy and healthy.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Anything chocolate -- probably buckeyes or fudge.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
We don't really have many traditions anymore. It is sad really.

17. What tops your tree?

An angel that belonged to my grandparents. I could plug her in, but I worry about blowing up the whole tree.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
Honestly, giving. i love finding the perfect gift for someone. Something thoughtful that they will enjoy. Although getting what is on your list is admittedly pretty nice.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
“Baby it's cold outside" by Dean Martin. I have been humming it since turkey day.

20. Candy canes.
Are pretty, but I don't think I have ever been able to finish one. Sticky.

21. Favorite Christmas movie?
Is there anything better than "A Christmas Story"?

22. What do you leave for Santa?
Milk and cookies with a thank you note for all my presents.

(**yea, this still didn't get me in the holiday mood.**)

1 comment:

Jennifer McKenzie said...

It didn't? Awww. Well, I'm glad you did it. I laughed a bunch and nodded a bunch too.
Mmmmmm cheese. I'm with you there.
Here hon.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qV1Sep4RXY8