Thursday, January 12, 2006

Oh...My...God

Holy cow bitches! There is so much to talk about!

Let me complain first. Okay, so for the past few months I have been getting these phone calls from some random phone number on my cell phone. I never answered, so they kept calling -- sometimes 4-5 times a day. I figured that since I am late or overdue on most of my bills, it was just some billing company wanting their money. Well, I got fed up yesterday and googled the phone number. I turned out belonging to some guy named Norman Schaffer. So today the number called again. I decided to call back. The woman on the line said that they are a company called Contact America. I was like, what the fuck do you want? Her answer?..."well, we are a telemarketing company. (silence)" ... Are you kidding me? Like that is some kind of excuse! I informed her that I did not want any more calls from the company and that I am already on the do not call registry. Hopefully they will leave me alone now.

If you are bored and feel like harassing someone, give them a call and telemarket them. The number is 701-250-0178. Here are some fun ideas on what to do next time you get a telemarketing call.




On to more fun things. Did ya'll watch LOST last night? When Mr. Eko came face to face with "Ze Monster" I peed a little. I kid you not, I don't think I breathed that whole time. It was so 'effing awesome. Just when you think they can't come up with something amazing, JJ Abrahms takes off his wizard hat, and pulls a smoke monster out of his ass. Is it me or did Ze Monster (as I like to call it) make almost horse-like noises. Made me think of the stallion in the last episode.

Did anyone notice how nonchalant they have become on this island? Charlie and Eko just shrugged their shoulders, and kept hiking. When Mr. Eko told Charlie that the body in the random Nigerian plane full of heroin was his brother, Charlie was just like "oh, okay". I had to chuckle out loud at how nothing seems to surprise these people anymore.



Next topic of discussion has to be James Frey. I would not be a good & bitter bookstore employee if I didn't say something. If you haven't heard of the controversy you can read about it Here. Basically Oprah's guest/bookgroup author is a lying liar pants on fire. On one hand, I believe Oprah is the anti-Christ and I love seeing her crash and burn. If she has to take someone with her, then so be it. On the other hand, memoirs are a tricky thing. It is all how you personally remember events, not necessarily how they actually happened. That is the difference between a memoir and a history book, bitches. I am sure the guy elaborated a little bit, or as they call it -- creative embellishing.

I know a few folks who read it and loved it, so I guess it served the purpose. As long as it is entertaining and maybe even inspired a few people, who gives a happy horse shit. I heard Random House is giving refunds to those who bought directly from them, and I am sure we will be getting many, many returns of the title. I think it is funny. All of Oprah's mindless drones will be in returning the book because first Oprah/their master told them to read it, and now the electronic humming box/best friend in the living room is telling them to return it.


Last but not least, props to Brad Pitt for knocking up Angelina Jolie. I have been a fan of hers ever since I saw her in the film Gia. I have read many articles about her and it seems as though she would not have gotten pregnant and allowed Pitt to adopt her kids unless she really loved him. More power to them both. Anyone who supports adoption and encourages it is alright in my book. Plus, with all of the charity work she does and he is now doing, they deserve this happiness. If they can show their children love and support, that is all that matters. They could adopt and spawn as many Jolie-Pitt's as they damn well please. Go Team JOLIE!

No comments: