Friday, November 30, 2007

WALK IN'S NOT WELCOME


I didn't get my tattoo today like I had hoped. I should have known better than to attempt a walk-in. Although they accept them, things get pretty crazy and so many people want elaborate work that they were booked. The good news is that one of the artists (Chris) was able to fit me in at the very end of the day on Sunday. So at 6pm I have a real live appointment.

He seemed really stoked to do the design, and I always liked FATE because I get such good vibes in there, have gotten work there before, and they are really respectful. I also like that they are totally disposable, meaning everything they use is disposable and thus uber-sanitary.

They are a little more pricey than what I thought they would be ($120 for a relatively small tat). However, when I look at the quality of work and the peace of mind of safety it is totally worth it. Plus Chris is a really cool guy who did one of my other tat's way back in the day, so that makes me even more excited than before.

It has been quite a few years since I have gotten a new tattoo so the high price could also reflect that. I wish I had an idea of when it was that I got my last one ... I was still in college, and friends with Lael, so we are looking at a good ... I don't know 6 or 7 years? Then I think they work I did was only $150 or so. Of course, what I got was not custom (it was a flash design) and long ago.

I think I will go back to get my rose tattoo in February. Originally I thought about going to a different shop to get it done by a woman artist, just to support females in the industry. However, I think Fate is going to be my permanent shop. Once I get the rose, the fat fairy will be next (maybe Chris can help design it), and then fixing my butterfly.

Damn it! I wish I was made of money so that I could get more work!!

2 comments:

Alaska Steve said...

Tats are cool, I have a 5 x 4 inch tribal sea turtle on the back of my calf I had done in Hawaii a couple years ago and am planning another one sometime in the next year or so . . . keep smilin' - steve

Jennifer McKenzie said...

When are you posting those pics?