Friday, January 06, 2006

I so solemnly swear



So here I go with the New Year's resolutions. I will start with the hard ones, and then I will feel better when I only achieve the easy ones.

Hard ones:
-Getting my finances in order. Nothing feels worse than getting insufficient funds notices in the mail. If anyone knows of a place where I can get some good financial counseling and debt consolidation, let me know*
-Getting into better shape. I am not talking about loosing 100 pounds or anything, I just want to be able to be healthier.*
-Getting laid. For the first time. No comments bitches.
-Finding a new career. I love you guys that I work with (well, most) but retail is just not what I want to do with my life. I think it is teaching or nursing which requires more schooling, which is how I am able to keep putting it off, see hard resolution number one.

Easy Ones:
-Cleaning and organizing my apartment. I swear to God, I am 12 cats short of a shut-in. I need to call the "clean sweep" folks, but they would probably need to do a mini series, not one episode on my place.
-re-decorating my bathroom. I bought all the stuff...like a year ago....no comments bitches. I think I need to add procrastination to my hard list. One year, I was so lazy about taking my fake Christmas tree down and kept putting it off that eventually I was Christmas again! God I am pathetic.
-keeping up with this blog.
-keeping in better touch with my posse, you know who you are.
-Going to the doctor when I need to. I mean I have one of those physicians where I could go in with a stubbed toe and she would give me a prescription for Vicodin. Why wouldn't I see her more often?
-Find a new apartment. One that is crack head free and welcoming to little fuzzy things
-Keep adding to this list.

* What the hell was the asterisk for you ask? Well, I want to put something out into the universe. I think I am ready now. The first two resolutions are on the top of my list for a reason. I want to adopt a child. I am not talking next week or anything, but within the next few years. My biological clock is not even ticking anymore, it is a full on siren. Since I won't be having a child the old fashioned way (see resolution #3 ), I need to begin the process soon. Anyway, I just wanted to have this wish "out there" so that maybe I can make some things happen.

PS- Funnier posts to come soon, I am just feeling a little serious today.

No comments: